- Published on Thursday, 15 July 2010 14:56
The Communicare GET ACTIVE Project (GAP) aims to support ALL children and young people to access sport and active recreation opportunities within their local community.
The Get Active Project also works collaboratively with sports deliverers to build the capacity to provide inclusive sporting environments and to increase participation amongst;
- Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CaLD)
- Aboriginal Torres Straight Islanders
- Low socio-economic
- Any family who needs additional assistance
What we do
- Support families to find and access community sport and active recreation activities.
- Support eligible participants access KidSport grants (for children aged 5-18 years old).
- Support sports deliverers, clubs and associations to develop inclusive and sustainable sporting environments for low participation groups.
- Work in partnership with state sporting associations to provide inclusive sports pathway programs and to effectively engage the target group.
- Facilitate an open dialogue and collaboration between stakeholder and members of the community.
An information sharing service for service providers, local government, schools, sporting bodies, parents/guardians & anyone interested in keeping up-to-date with sport & active recreation activities across Perth’s South East!
- Passionate about living a healthy and active lifestyle and want to inspire others to do the same?
- Looking for opportunities to gain valuable career experience in the sport and recreation field?
- Just want to be more involved in your local community?
The Communicare Get Active Project is funded by the:
Communicare GAP is also proudly supported by: