As the lead agency of the Fremantle-Rockingham Family Support Network; we provide integrated and coordinated secondary support for vulnerable families so they can keep their children safely at home.
Services provided through the Family Support Network are aimed at children, young people and families living in complex circumstances to:
- Prevent child abuse and neglect;
- Prevent family problems from worsening; and
- Prevent placements of children in out-of-home care wherever possible.
We provide assessments of family needs and coordinate a range of services to link families to support. Families can also be supported immediately whilst awaiting support.
The Benefits of the Family Support Network
We support families by:
- Identifying risks and appropriate intervention in children, families and early in the development of a problem;
- Supporting families to address the issues they experience and strengthen their connection to their community;
- Supporting individuals and families in a respectful, non-stigmatising way that encourages them to seek help when needed;
- Placing children and their unique needs at the centre of assessments and actions;
- When required, actively reaching out to connect with families and support them to access the services they require.
Who Can the Family Support Network Help?
Our high-quality integrated service supports children, families and young people at risk and affected by issues such as:
- Mental Health;
- Family and domestic violence;
- Drug and alcohol misuse;
- Homelessness or risk of becoming homeless;
- Family conflict;
- Parenting difficulties.
The Fremantle Rockingham Family Support Network supports families living in the local government areas of Fremantle, Melville, Cockburn, Kwinana and Rockingham.
How Can the Family Support Network be Accessed?
The Family Support Network accepts referrals from families themselves, supporting community sector organisations and the Western Australia Department of Communities.
Where is the Family Support Network Located?
Our Family Support Network is based in Rockingham, Western Australia with capacity to provide outreach to Rockingham, Kwinana and Fremantle . For more details and hours of operation, please click here.
Western Australian Family Support Networks are funded by the Government of Western Australia Department of Communities.