Family and Relationship Services (FaRS) works alongside parents to make them feel more confident about their skills and we work to enhance the developmental, behavioural, social and emotional needs of our children.
Our program offers a diverse range of services which aim to increase participation in community life to reinforce family and community functioning, including:
- Information and referrals to other support services;
- Education and skills training through our courses and seminars;
- Outreach services; and
- Capacity building and development.
The Benefits of Family and Relationship Services
Parents and carers who participate in Family and Relationships Services may benefit from it by:
- Learning more about their children’s development, behaviour and social and emotional needs;
- Building their capacity to maintain connections with other families and services;
- Maximising their confidence about their parenting skills.
Who can our Family and Relationship Services Help?
Our Family and Relationship Services provides primary early intervention and prevention services to all types of families at any stage in their relationship to support them through change such as when they form, extend or separate. Our service can support anyone parenting or caring for a child up to 18 years of age and living in the following areas:
- Belmont – Ascot - Redcliffe
- East Victoria Park - Carlisle
- Perth Airport;
- Rivervale – Kewdale - Cloverdale
- Serpentine – Jarrahdale;
- South Perth;
- Victoria Park – Lathlain - Burswood
How Can Family and Relationship Services be Accessed?
Access to our Family and Relationship Services program can be via a self-referral or referral by a supporting agency.
Where is Family and Relationship Services Located?
Our Family and Relationship Services operate from Cannington, Western Australia. For more details and hours of operation, please click here.
Family and Relationship Services is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services.