Our Get Active Program consists of a range of programs that provide support to families and individuals to access community sport and recreation activities within the South-East Corridor.
Our program works in partnership with State sporting associations to provide inclusive sports pathway programs and to effectively engage with target groups.
What are the benefits of the Get Active Program?
The benefits of actively participating in the Get Active Program include:
- Providing opportunities for social interaction;
- Contributing to higher levels of self-esteem and self-worth;
- Creating opportunities for volunteering;
- Providing opportunities for networking.
Who is the Get Active Program for?
Our Get Active Program aims to increase participation amongst the following community groups:
- The culturally and linguistically diverse;
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders;
- Families in the South-East corridor.
Volunteer Youth Leaders
Our Volunteer Youth Leaders are:
- Passionate about living a healthy and active lifestyle and seeking to inspire others to do the same;
- Wishing to gain valuable career experience in the sport and recreation field;
- Looking to actively participate in their local community.
Am I eligible for any financial assistance?
Children aged 5 to 18 years may be eligible for the KidSport grant; a form of financial assistance offered by the Department of Sport and Recreation to pay towards club fees and to participate in community sport and recreation.
Our Get Active Program operates from Cannington, Western Australia. For more details about our locations please click here.
To discuss any of our programs, please contact our team by phone on (08) 251 5777 or email at email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can fill in our online enquiry form and we will respond to your questions as soon as we can.
The Communicare Get Active Project is funded by the WA State Government Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries and Healthway.