Sporting clubs in the south-east corridor who would like advice and support around cultural engagement and being an inclusive club can access support for its committee members and coaches.
We provide support that is adaptable depending on the individual club’s requirements and initial advice and resources that are designed to promote inclusivity and cultural awareness for better cross-cultural communication to encourage greater engagement with children and families from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. We also offer cultural awareness training to clubs and associations.
General support for clubs
The Get Active Project provides general support for clubs, such as:
- Assisting players to complete club registration forms and access to KidSport through their local governments;
- Providing strategies to engage low participation groups to boost overall club membership and volunteer numbers;
- Ongoing support through the season for both clubs and players.
Cultural awareness support
Our cultural awareness sessions can aid clubs by:
- Aiding cultural competency;
- Broadening the club’s awareness of different cultures and religions;
- Explaining the benefits of being a more inclusive club, and providing practical solutions to expand the club’s inclusivity;
- Helping culturally and linguistically diverse young people to overcome barriers to participation.
To enquire about how we can assist your club, please contact us on (08) 9251 5777 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Communicare Get Active Project is funded by the WA State Government Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries and Healthway.