Our Transition to Work services assists our young job seekers to secure employment, understand expectations in the workplace and develop the required skills, attitudes and behaviours that local employers are looking for.
Our experienced and passionate Youth Mentors tailor services to young people which assist, motivate and inspire job seekers throughout their employment seeking journey. They also assist with access to additional support services in areas of mental health, addiction and substance misuse, domestic and family violence, housing and legal matters.
Our Transition to Work office spaces are specifically designed to provide our job seekers with a welcoming, safe and youth-friendly environment.
What are the benefits of Transition to Work?
Our Transition to Work services can benefit young people by:
- Developing their practical skills to secure employment;
- Connecting them to appropriate vocational education and training;
- Finding exciting work experience opportunities to participate in;
- Linking them with relevant community services where needed.
Who is Transition to Work for?
Transition to Work is available for young people aged 15 to 21 who are not currently working and needing help with training and employment.
The service is available to participants who are:
- Australian citizens;
- Holders of a permanent visa;
- Holders of a New Zealand Special Category Visa (a protected Special Category Visa holder, and non-protected Special Category Visa holder);
- Nominated Visa Holders (including Temporary Protection Visa Holders and Safe Haven Visa Holders).
Our services are based at the following locations in Western Australia:
Our safe and modern facilities are within close proximity to Centrelink for your convenience, with easy access to public transport, parking and disability access.
For more details about our Employment Services sites please click here.
To apply for our services you can contact our Transition to Work team in two locations:
You can also fill in and submit our online enquiry form.
Transition to Work is funded by the Australian Government Department of Jobs and Small Business and delivered in partnership with Wirrpanda Foundation.