ParentsNext is a pre-employment program aimed at parents with young children. The program works with parents in assisting them to identify and reach their education and employment goals.
ParentsNext can support parents to:
- Increase their educational qualifications;
- Identify and address barriers to employment;
- Develop practical skills to get a job; and
- Access child care assistance.
What are the benefits of ParentsNext?
Our ParentsNext team offer tailored services to meet the individual needs of parents, by:
- Developing a pathway to achieve their goals;
- Combining preparation for work with parenting responsibilities;
- Targeting early intervention assistance to parents at-risk of long-term welfare dependency;
- Accessing activities and services in the local community.
Who is ParentsNext for?
Parents may have to participate in ParentsNext if they have:
- Received Parenting Payment for the last six months;
- Not had employment earnings during this period, and;
- A child aged under six years.
Our ParentsNext services are based at the following sites in Western Australia:
Our safe and modern facilities are within close proximity to Centrelink for your convenience, with easy access to public transport, parking and disability access.
For full contact details of your nearest ParentsNext site, please click here.
ParentsNext is funded by the Australian Government Department of Jobs and Small Business.