Our faciliated community support groups assist individuals and families from the City of Canning and surrounding areas to connect to their local community. Our services work alongside individuals and families to develop practical skills to develop relationship building and personal development.
Communicare's Individual and Family Support Services provides free consultations, information and support for people living in the City of Canning and surrounding areas.
We provide information and referrals to link you with services and resources in the community including:
- Parenting Services
- Domestic Violence Services
- Financial Services
- Health Services
- Social Inclusion Support
- Housing Services
- Emergency Relief Support
- Family & Relationship Support
Our services provides practical support, advice, information, links and advocacy in a confidential and safe environment.
- Popcorn Group. A fun and exciting new group that has different activities happening every week, presented by members of the community. Come along and learn how to make traditional food, learn Bollywood dancing or how to live a healthy lifestyle.
- Conversational English Group. This group is designed for newly arrived community members wishing to improve their English speaking skills in a practical, “everyday” setting.
- Getting Ready for Work Group. The group is designed to develop skills for participants to be more prepared for the workforce. Topics include resume writing, covering letter and interview skills.
- Happy Feet Walking Group. Walking is wonderful way to keep fit. It is easy and great for people of all ages, both physically and mentally. The group is a great way to socialise while looking after your health. Different destinations every week.
- Pins and Needles. The group covers a range of sewing techniques and encourages all members to join, learn and share their skills and cultural knowledge. Also, a fantastic opportunity to create lasting friendships.
*A crèche service is provided for some groups. Enrolment criteria applies. For more information and to enrol a child, please refer to our downloadable resources.
How Can Facilitated Community Support Groups help?
Our Facilitated Community Support Groups support individuals and families from the City of Canning and surrounding areas.
How Can Facilitated Community Support Groups be Accessed?
Our groups operate on the following days and times during school terms:
Please complete our Facilitated Community Support Groups Enrolment Form
to join one of our groups. Please note, all enrolments are assessed based on eligibility before a place can be offered.
Where are Facilitated Community Support Groups Located?
All of our Facilitated Community Support Groups operate from Cannington, Western Australia. For more details and hours of operation, please click here.
Our Facilitated Community Support Groups form a component of our Individual and Family Support Services which is funded by the Government of Western Australia Department of Communities.