The Settle In program works alongside newly arrived refugees and humanitarian entrants to build their capacity to begin their new lives in Australia and participate as active members of their local communities as soon as possible.
Settle In is delivered by Communicare in partnership with Save the Children and Centrecare and is available to individuals and families in the South East and South West metropolitan regions of Perth and Mandurah.
The Benefits of Settle In
Our person-centred and strength-based approach to case management supports individuals and families with information related to accommodation and renting, education, employment, training, community integration, life skills and navigating family life in Australia. Additional support is provided by way of:
- Case work
- Referral and advocacy support
- Information and life skills workshops
- Youth specific development sessions
- Community education
- Children’s and family playgroups
Who Can Settle In Help?
Our Settle In program supports individuals and families holding permanent residency and who have arrived in Australia within the past five years under the following schemes:
- Selected temporary residents (Prospective Marriage and Provisional Partner visa holders and their dependants) in rural or regional areas with low English. Refugee of Humanitarian Visa Status
- Family Stream Migrants with Low Levels of English Proficiency
- Dependents of Skilled Migrants in Rural and Regional areas with Low English Proficiency
How Can Settle In be Accessed?
You can contact Settle In through email at email@example.com or by phoning (08) 9251 5777.
The Settle In program is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services. The Settle In program is a partnership between Communicare, Save the Children and Centrecare.