One of the most valuable ways you can help Communicare and the clients we support is to leave a bequest. A bequest is a gift of money or assets that are left through a Will, which ensures that we can continue creating futures for our local communities.
How will my bequest be used?
Every bequest we receive will enable us to continue providing vital services which:
- Aid child wellbeing and development;
- Assist and enrich positive family functioning and safety;
- Support and guide humanitarian entrants and skilled migrants through their initial settlement journey;
- Enhance opportunities for job seekers to find, secure and maintain meaningful employment;
- Strengthen the community safety of our families impacted by domestic violence;
- Provides at-risk youth with a pathway that reconnects them with their education.
How do I include Communicare in my will?
We recommend that you seek professional legal advice or the assistance of a solicitor when preparing your will. Engaging with a solicitor will ensure that your estate is distributed in a way that meets your wishes.
The most common types of bequests are:
- Residuary – The remainder of your estate once your family and friends have been provided for and any taxes and charges are settled;
- Percentage/fractional – A specified percentage of your estate;
- Specific/pecuniary - A specified amount of money, item of property or stocks and shares.
Communicare is very grateful for any support you can provide, regardless of the method you chose.
To have a chat about including a bequest in your will, please email our Finance team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
or call (08) 9251 5777.