This website may not work correctly in Internet Explorer. We recommend switching to a more secure modern web browser such as Microsoft Edge which is already installed on your computer.

View this website in Edge.

Communicare manages the Specialist Equipment Library (SEL) in Western Australia. Eligible Early Childhood Education and Care services that have a child with additional needs enrolled in its service, who is not able to participate fully or access the program safely because of high physical, sensory, or communication needs, may benefit from accessing Specialist Equipment from the SEL.

A range of Specialist Equipment, such as specialised seating, hoists, standing frames, ramps and communication toys, can be loaned for free to services to facilitate the inclusion of a child with high support needs. For full details about each product below, see our Specialist Equipment Library catalogue.

View the catalogue

How To Request Specialist Equipment

  1. In collaboration with your Inclusion Professional, identify the support needed on the Strategic Inclusion Plan.
  2. Access our Request for Specialist Equipment form which includes a recommendation from the child’s therapist, permission from the parent and endorsement from the Inclusion Professional.
  3. Submit the form via email to


Back to the WA Inclusion Agency


What's happening

news squiggle