The Settle In program works alongside humanitarian entrants and migrants to build their capacity to navigate life in Australia and participate as active members of their local community.
Settle In is is a partnership between Communicare, Save the Children and Centrecare and is available to individuals and families in the South East and South West metropolitan regions of Perth and Mandurah.
The Benefits of Settle In
Our strengths-based approach to case management supports individuals and families with information related to accommodation and renting, education, employment, training, community integration and navigating life in Australia. Support is provided by way of:
- Case work;
- Referral and advocacy support;
- Information and life skills workshops;
- Youth specific development sessions;
- Community education and;
- Children and family playgroups.
Who Can Settle In Help?
Our Settle In program supports individuals and families holding permanent residency, who have arrived in Australia within the past five years under the following schemes:
- Selected temporary residents (Prospective Marriage and Provisional Partner visa holders and their dependants) in rural or regional areas with low English. Refugee of Humanitarian Visa Status;
- Family Stream Migrants with Low Levels of English Proficiency or;
- Dependents of Skilled Migrants in Rural and Regional areas with Low English Proficiency.
How Can Settle In be Accessed?
Access to the Settle In program can be via a self-referral or referral by a supporting agency. To make a referral, please complete our online referral form and a member of our team will be in contact with you shortly.
Where is Settle In Located?
Settle In operates from offices in Cannington and Rockingham, Western Australia. Outreach appointments are also available from a range of offices across the South Metropolitan Perth region, contact us to discuss the most suitable location.
Playgroups are delivered at a number of locations throughout the South East Metro, download our It Takes a Village flyer for more information.
Workshops and youth specific sessions are also hosted regularly, check back to find out more on upcoming dates.
For more details and hours of operation, please click here.
Settle In is a partnership between Communicare, Save the Children and Centrecare. The program is funded by the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs.